Saturday, November 7

gentleman Caller



He is wary enough that I had to take his picture through the window of the garage door. While I did get one for documentation, hoping to shoot a more elegant photo soon. I have had bobwhite and sharp-tailed grouse in the yard foraging under my feeders, but this is the first pheasant to show up ever! My back door neighbor spotted him about 10 days ago when his golden retrievers were having a fit in their yard adjacent to ours.

Wondering where he came from, we aren't exactly what you think of as pheasant habitat, probably someone's hunting preserve. My daughter saw the local coyote tribe drifting like shadows through the side yard last night well after dark, wonder how long he will be visiting. We shall see.

1 comment:

Jann said...

Great photo, and how lucky to have pheasant visting your yard.